11 May 2008

11 May 2008 Extraordinary Parliamentary Elections

Instead of dwelling about the standard unfortunate Serbian parliamentary elections affairs I'll turn to preparation of some of my most favorite food:

Tabouli

We just love tabouli, a Persian/Lebanese/Near Eastern salad made of tomatoes, couscous (bulgur wheat), and loads of parsley.

First time I had this wonderfull salad at our dear Budapest friends' house Nadia and Rui. This week, however, I got adventurous and decided to find the necessary ingredients to make it myself for my Belgrade friends. This is the way I do it:

Allow 15 minutes

1 cup couscous
2 cups water
2 bunches parsley
3 red juicy tomatoes
4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
some chopped black olives

Bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat and pour in couscous. Allow to sit 5 - 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Separate the parsley leaves from the stems, then place leaves in food processor and chop until very fine. Chop the tomatoes as finely as possible. Combine couscous, parsley, tomatoes and black olives, mixing well. Stir the lemon juice and olive oil together then pour over couscous and mix well. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at
least an hour before enjoying.

Enjoy it!

No comments: